This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7877 / 53°47'15"N
Longitude: -1.758 / 1°45'28"W
OS Eastings: 416039
OS Northings: 432399
OS Grid: SE160323
Mapcode National: GBR JJM.1S
Mapcode Global: WHC9G.Z204
Entry Name: 49, 51 and 53, St George's Place Bd5
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133729
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337078
Location: Trident, Bradford, BD5
Civil Parish: Trident
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Horton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 ST GEORGE'S PLACE BD5
Nos 49, 51 and 53
SE 1632 46/1008
Block of 3 houses. Nos 49 and 53 were built circa 1840-46 as detached houses,
No 51 being a circa 1846-50 infill. Two-storeys, sandstone "brick". Moulded
first floor sill course to No 49, plain band one to No 51. Moulded eaves
cornices. Stone slate roofs, hipped to No 49. Corniced chimneys. Three bay
symmetrical elevations. Sash windows with reveals carried down below sills
to sill bands, forming shallow aprons. The central windows of Nos 49 and 53
have battered eared architrave surrounds. No 51 has 2 light square mullion
windows on ground floor. No 49 has doorway with archivolt arched fanlight and
course on consoles and broken entablature, similar to those of Nos 41 to 47 (odd).
No 51 has segmental arched fanlight and shallow fluted consoles supporting
cornice over. No 53 has Doric pilaster doorway with entablature, door of
6 fielded panels and rectangular fanlight.
Listing NGR: SE1603932399
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings