History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Haworth Station

A Grade II Listed Building in Haworth, Bradford

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8312 / 53°49'52"N

Longitude: -1.9487 / 1°56'55"W

OS Eastings: 403473

OS Northings: 437220

OS Grid: SE034372

Mapcode National: GBR GST4.XB

Mapcode Global: WHB7W.1YBS

Entry Name: Haworth Station

Listing Date: 4 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1134019

English Heritage Legacy ID: 338366

Location: Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury, Bradford, BD22

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury

Built-Up Area: Haworth

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Haworth St Michael and All Angels

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Oakworth

Listing Text

KEIGHLEY STATION ROAD
SE 0237 and SE 0337 (west side)
21/263 Haworth

Haworth Station

- II


Station. 1867 and 1883. Coursed stone, graduated grey slate roof. Single
storey, 4 bays, bays 3 and 4 later, bays 1 and 3 gabled and breaking forward.
Bays 1 and 2 have plinth and round-arched openings with moulded archivolts with
keystones and impost blocks. Doorway in centre of bay 2 has panelled double-
doors, and is flanked by 4-pane sashes in recesses. Moulded impost band.
Wrought-iron lamp bracket above, left of door. To left, in bay 1, a 2-light
window with 4-paned sashes and corbelled cill. Dentilled cornice. Corniced end
stack to left. Bays 3 and 4 have fixed-light windows with glazing bars and
chamfered cills and lintels. Bay 3: tall, central, round-arched window with
voussoirs flanked by shorter, flat-arched windows, stepped raised band to gable
eaves. Corbelled barge board. Bay 4: 4 windows. Raised eaves band. Overhang-
ing roof. Adjoining station on left is lower C20 toilet block, not of special
interest. Platform elevation: as front, but with door to right giving access to
'Ladies Room'. 3 gas lights hang from station. To left of station, attached by
lower block, is Porter's room, late C19, with 4-panel door on left and 6-pane
window on right with chamfered cill and lintels. On the platform are 5 gas
lamps. The Worth Valley Railway was opened in 1867.


Listing NGR: SE0347337220

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.