This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7224 / 53°43'20"N
Longitude: -1.7295 / 1°43'46"W
OS Eastings: 417946
OS Northings: 425146
OS Grid: SE179251
Mapcode National: GBR JTCD.CC
Mapcode Global: WHC9P.DPNP
Entry Name: Church of St Luke
Listing Date: 13 January 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1134608
English Heritage Legacy ID: 341046
Location: Kirklees, BD19
Electoral Ward/Division: Cleckheaton
Built-Up Area: Cleckheaton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cleckheaton St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 12 NE SPENBOROUGH MB MOORSIDE
Church of St Luke
Gothic Revival Church. 1887. Hammer dressed stone. Pitched slate
roof with gable copings. South-west tower with entrance on south side.
6-bay nave with lean-to buttressed aisles and clerestory. 2-bay chancel
with attached vestry. 2-sided apse to west end of nave. Aisle windows
are of 2 & 3 lights with simple tracery. Clerestory windows are in
triple groups with cusped heads. Large 5-light east window with stained
glass traceried head and hood mould. 3-tier tower with angle buttresses.
Clock face to 2nd tier. Paired louvred bell chamber openings. Hexagonal
stone broach spire with louvred lucarnes.
Spacious interior with 4-bay arcade, to each side, on alternative round and
octagonal piers. The arcaded angled apse to west contains carved stone
font with granite colonnettes and carved oak cover. Lady chapel to north
with parclose screen. Carved stone reredos with carved figures and
niches and centrepiece depicting Last Supper.
Listing NGR: SE1794625146
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings