This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7101 / 53°42'36"N
Longitude: -1.6242 / 1°37'27"W
OS Eastings: 424901
OS Northings: 423802
OS Grid: SE249238
Mapcode National: GBR KT3J.5S
Mapcode Global: WHC9Y.00VM
Entry Name: The Xclusiv, Adjoining Number 51
Listing Date: 13 January 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1134617
English Heritage Legacy ID: 340960
Location: Kirklees, WF17
Electoral Ward/Division: Batley East
Built-Up Area: Batley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Batley St Thomas
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 22 SW BATLEY MB STATION ROAD (east side)
4/54 The Xclusiv, adjoining
Formerly warehouse and office premises in Italian Gothic style,
now club. Circa 1870. Dressed stone with ashlar dressings.
Recently lowered to single storey and basement, with flat roof
and brick parapet. 7 bay facade. Central doorway with
shouldered arch and pilaster surround with square pedestals and
foliated capitals. Round arch over with oculus with gothic arch
over, all in square surround with carved spandrels. Windows to
left and right have blind round arch with Gothic arched hood.
Alternately coloured voussoirs. Doorway to extreme right with
similar treatment, with semi-circular fanlight.
Included as continuing the sequence in Station Road of finely
decorated warehouse facades of the same period although largely
dismantled, for group value only.
Listing NGR: SE2491223811
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings