This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9069 / 53°54'24"N
Longitude: -1.6949 / 1°41'41"W
OS Eastings: 420143
OS Northings: 445675
OS Grid: SE201456
Mapcode National: GBR JRL8.V7
Mapcode Global: WHC8X.Y228
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 30 July 1951
Last Amended: 8 July 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1135260
English Heritage Legacy ID: 341404
Location: Otley, Leeds, LS21
Civil Parish: Otley
Built-Up Area: Otley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Otley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
(also known as Clitherow
SE 2045 1/20 30.7.51.
Said to be 1792, and possibly by John Carr of York. In the vicinity
of the mediaeval house of the Archbishops of York. Ashlar stone front,
blue slated. The main and original part is of three stories but the upper
one has been added above the former moulded eaves cornice and plain parapet.
Plain string courses include the window cills of ground floor and first
floor storeys. Glazing bars to top floor only. At each side of this
central block a wing of two storeys has been added later, each one terminating
with a niche surmounted by a stone vase. Later the Eastern wing has been
removed. North side of the house has Diocletian and Venetian windows
and a modern bow. Front has glazed porch with columns. Interior:-
good principal rooms with original features such as as fireplaces, doors,
plasterwork and panelling. Attractive stair rail. In poor condition
at time of survey. Excavations in grounds show apsidal chapel of C12
and buildings of Cl4
Manor House, outbuildings and walls form a group.
Listing NGR: SE2014345675
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings