History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Mill House

A Grade II* Listed Building in Church Minshull, Cheshire East

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1428 / 53°8'34"N

Longitude: -2.4997 / 2°29'58"W

OS Eastings: 366673

OS Northings: 360746

OS Grid: SJ666607

Mapcode National: GBR 7T.659Y

Mapcode Global: WH99Y.K8WH

Entry Name: Mill House

Listing Date: 12 January 1967

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1135816

English Heritage Legacy ID: 56752

Location: Church Minshull, Cheshire East, CW5

County: Cheshire East

Civil Parish: Church Minshull

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire

Church of England Parish: Church Minshull St Bartholomew

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Church Minshull

Listing Text

SJ 66 SE CHURCH MINSHULL C.P. OVER ROAD
Church Minshull

3/31 Mill House
12/1/1967
GV II*

House, late C17, with later additions. Plastered, brick nogged timber
frame with roof of large old slates. 2 storeys, 4 bays, gabled.
Brick plinth with moulded stone top course. Timbers in small framing
with angle braces to front and garden front. Replaced casement
windows with glazing bars. The garden front (east) has a single
storey projecting timber framed porch containing a modern 3 panel
door. Gabled bays project and have apexes jettied. There is a timber
framed gabled half dormer between the garden front end gables. End
gables have barge boards with finials. Chimneys with divided flues.
There is an added bay (north) with planted timbers and a single storey
wing (east) with imitation plaster timbers.
Interior: Bevelled beams and exposed joists. Inscribed stone, set in
ground floor internal wall, has initials BSA 1697 and William Wilson
1784.


Listing NGR: SJ6667360746

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.