This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0955 / 53°5'43"N
Longitude: -2.4423 / 2°26'32"W
OS Eastings: 370475
OS Northings: 355461
OS Grid: SJ704554
Mapcode National: GBR 7X.917P
Mapcode Global: WH9B5.GG67
Entry Name: Christadelphian Hall
Listing Date: 6 July 1976
Last Amended: 14 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1136194
English Heritage Legacy ID: 56690
Location: Cheshire East, CW2
County: Cheshire East
Civil Parish: Crewe
Built-Up Area: Crewe
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Crewe St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 75 NW FORMER BOROUGH OF CREWE EDLESTON ROAD
2/47 No.248 (Christadelphian
Hall) (formerly listed
Formerly Congregational Church, 1847, became
offices in 1869, has now reverted to ecclesiastical use. Brown brick
with slate roof. 3 bay front, 4 bay nave, in Gothic Revival style.
Gothic entrance with pair of multi-panelled doors and ogee hood mould.
Stone "Y" tracery window, with ogee hood mould, above entrance flanked
both sides by similar but longer windows. Moulded string course above
door head and cornice at eaves. Full height pilasters, with lancet
panels at three levels, form the quoins and separate the windows.
Elaborate ramped crenellated stone coped parapet, with crocketted
finials to pilasters and carved gothic panel near apex. Multiglazed
side windows with stone sills, intersecting glazing bars at heads and
Interior: Wide splayed reveals and hood moulds to side windows. Walls
rendered and marked as coursed stucco. Flat ceiling with moulded
longitudinal and cross beams forming twelve panels.
Listing NGR: SJ7047555461
Other nearby listed buildings