This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1178 / 52°7'3"N
Longitude: -0.4127 / 0°24'45"W
OS Eastings: 508781
OS Northings: 247794
OS Grid: TL087477
Mapcode National: GBR G2F.BG8
Mapcode Global: VHFQG.S1PB
Entry Name: The Kings Arms Public House
Listing Date: 13 July 1964
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1136557
English Heritage Legacy ID: 36661
Location: Cardington, Bedford, MK44
Civil Parish: Cardington
Built-Up Area: Cardington
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Cardington
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 0847 CARDINGTON THE GREEN
9/24 The Kings Arms P.H.
Public house. 1783 (Bedfordshire Record Office, PE 38/28/1-2), incorporating
or replacing earlier building, with C19 and C20 alterations and additions.
Red brick with colour washed roughcast front elevation, old clay tile roof.
Original block double-pile plan with 2-span roof, 2 storeys. Ground floor has
central front door, flanked by 2 C19 canted bays with leaded lights. First
floor has 2 C20 2-light casements. Red brick external stack to SE gable end.
To NW is early C19 L-plan stable block, roughcast and colour washed, with
gambrel roof. To NE and SE are various later C19 and C2C additions in red
Listing NGR: TL0878147794
Other nearby listed buildings