This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2839 / 53°17'2"N
Longitude: -2.0815 / 2°4'53"W
OS Eastings: 394665
OS Northings: 376333
OS Grid: SJ946763
Mapcode National: GBR FZXG.5H
Mapcode Global: WHBBJ.0Q3B
Entry Name: Hough Hole House
Listing Date: 9 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1136725
English Heritage Legacy ID: 58032
Location: Rainow, Cheshire East, SK10
County: Cheshire East
Civil Parish: Rainow
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Rainow Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 97 NW
HOUGH HOLE (North Side)
Formerly farmhouse now house: late C17 with alterations dated 1796
and further alterations c.1980. Coursed, squared, buff, sandstone
rubble, concrete tile roof and 2 stone chimneys. 2.5 storey, nearly
symmetrical 3-bay front. End bays have C20 3-light wooden casements
under rough stone lintels. Central 6-panelled door with 2-light
casement and date tablet reading JMM (for James Mellor) 1796 above.
Part of lower storey is behind steel and glass conservatory.
Interior: Central passage with room to right having ashlar grey
sandstone fire surround with dentilations under mantel shelf and good
late C18 iron range with Prince of Wales's feathers on oven doors. To
left room has grey sandstone fireplace with reeded columns and
rosettes in corners and contemporary cast-iron grate with half columns
and foliage panels. Chamfered beams with flat stops. Bedrooms have 1
late C18 cast-iron grate and 1 Victorian. Much of the roof structure
The house is attached to a converted mill which is not included in the
Listing NGR: SJ9466576333
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings