This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1398 / 50°8'23"N
Longitude: -5.526 / 5°31'33"W
OS Eastings: 148151
OS Northings: 32587
OS Grid: SW481325
Mapcode National: GBR DXQ9.ZHQ
Mapcode Global: VH12S.5RG7
Entry Name: Kenegie Barton Farmhouse
Listing Date: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1136772
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70437
Location: Madron, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: Madron
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Gulval
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 43 SE
7/92 Kenegie Barton Farmhouse
Barton farmhouse. C17 or earlier, remodelled in the C18 (slates dated 1791 at south
gable end) and the C19. Partly painted granite rubble with granite dressings.
Scantle slate and concrete tile roofs with gable ends,. C17 rubble stack at former
rear gable of left hand front wing, otherwise axial brick stacks.
Plan: overall irregular L-shaped plan. Original plan difficult to identify. The
rear wing right at right angles to the main range has C17 moulded doorways and some
incomplete mullioned windows. Resited round-arched head of doorway at front (north)
of main range. The left-hand side of the main range was remodelled as a coach-house
in the C19 (remains of robust C18 ceiling cornice inside at the time of survey,
1986). Clock and bellcote over middle of the main range.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Overall irregular 6-window north house front with doorway left
of middle. Outshut projection left and cross wing, right. Mostly circa early C19
hornless shallow gable-ended sashes, one C20 copy and one window missing (at time of
Interior: mostly C19 or C20 carpentry and joinery. Lap-dovetailed collars to the
possibly C18 roof structure over the main range. 2 large fireplace and evidence for
rear lateral fireplace, left of middle.
This farmhouse may be the remains of or built on the site of buildings formerly
ranged around a courtyard in front (north) of Kenegie House.
Listing NGR: SW4815132587
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings