This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5743 / 54°34'27"N
Longitude: -1.2263 / 1°13'34"W
OS Eastings: 450110
OS Northings: 520178
OS Grid: NZ501201
Mapcode National: GBR MHWK.90
Mapcode Global: WHD70.4992
Entry Name: Church House
Listing Date: 28 July 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137035
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59761
Location: Middlesbrough, TS1
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Middlesbrough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Middlesbrough St John Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: York
MIDDLESBROUGH MARTON ROAD,
NZ 52 SW (5020)
2/55 Church House.
Vicarage, c.1879 by John Norton (London). Now flats. Brick with sandstone
and polychrome brick dressings. Welsh slate roofs with fancy clay ridge
crestings. 2 storeys, 2 bays, and one-bay canted projecting left
cross-wing. Entered from left return. Cusped-headed sash windows, paired
in cross-wing and in narrower middle bay, and in groups of 3 in right bay.
Transomes and relieving arches on ground floor. Half-hipped half-dormers,
with scrolled metal finials, over middle and right bays. 2-span roof,
half-hipped at right end of front span; half-pyramidal roof on cross wing;
all roofs sprocketed at eves. Corniced transverse ridge and rebuilt left
end stacks. 3-window left return of cross wing shows door and overlight in
pointed opening; and paired sash windows. 2-storey rear service wing.
Unoccupied at time of resurvey. Mid C20 garage, adjoining right end, and
former church hall adjoining rear, are not of special interest. Included
for group value.
Listing NGR: NZ5011020178
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings