This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.3511 / 50°21'3"N
Longitude: -4.5772 / 4°34'37"W
OS Eastings: 216748
OS Northings: 53308
OS Grid: SX167533
Mapcode National: GBR N9.W62K
Mapcode Global: FRA 1893.NLV
Entry Name: Lanlawren and Barn Adjoining on West
Listing Date: 30 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137156
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60558
Location: Lanteglos, Cornwall, PL13
Civil Parish: Lanteglos
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanteglos-by-Fowey
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 15 SE LANGEGLOS-BY-FOWEY
9/58 Lanlawren and barn adjoining on
Manor House, circa early C17 with later C17 2 storey porch and extension to the
north forming a cross wing. Further extension on the south in probably the early
C18 and circa early C19 dairy to rear under a lean-to roof.
Rubble stone partly rendered on right hand (north) hipped end. Slate roof
hipped on right hand end and gabled on left. Slightly lower roof to south wing with
hipped end with asymmetrical half hip to rear projecting wing. Projecting stone
lateral chimney with brick shaft incorporated into rear elevation by addition of
dairy. Projecting rendered stack on right hand end.
Possibly originally single depth, 2 room and cross passage plan. With later
additions and alterations now forms 3 room plan with 2 storey porch and cross
passage and further kitchen and dairy to rear.
West front: 2 storeys, regular 4 window front with projecting 2 storey porch
with gabled roof to left of centre. Ground floor with 3-centred granite chamfered
arch to porch with re-used timber chamfered lintel on interior. Wide timber
entrance door with ovolo moulded doorcase with plain stops. No windows in west
front of left hand wing. To right of porch, two 9-pane sashes (top sash of 3 panes)
with ovolo moulded timber lintels. 12-pane sash without horns to right under
unmoulded lintel. Evidence of extension between latter 2 windows. On first floor,
2-light casements, 8-panes per light, on each face of the porch. The mullions have
heavy ovolo moulds. To right, three 12-pane sashes without horns. Ovolo moulded
lintels to 2 on left. Large buttress extends along left hand hipped end.
Projecting to rear of left-hand wing, 2 storey barn of rubble stone with slate roof.
Interior: room on right (north) and kitchen to rear with widely spaced heavy
roughly cut beams. Fireplaces later and staircase framed. Roof over centre C17
range of 4 bays with slightly chamfered and cambered roughly cut collars. Further
Manor was linked with Trethake in 1207 (owners Walensis family). Passed into
hands of Boneface (who obtained Chapel license), Cavells and Hawkey families.
Listing NGR: SX1674853308
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings