History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Trevarder Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Lanteglos, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.3385 / 50°20'18"N

Longitude: -4.579 / 4°34'44"W

OS Eastings: 216572

OS Northings: 51911

OS Grid: SX165519

Mapcode National: GBR N8.X5N1

Mapcode Global: FRA 1894.MWK

Entry Name: Trevarder Farmhouse

Listing Date: 7 April 1982

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1137237

English Heritage Legacy ID: 60567

Location: Lanteglos, Cornwall, PL23

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Lanteglos

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Lanteglos-by-Fowey

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Polruan

Listing Text

SX 15 SE LANTEGLOS-BY-FOWEY

9/68 Trevarder Farmhouse

7/4/82
- II

Farmhouse, now farmhouse and cottage. Circa early C18. Rubble stone with
granite lintels to ground floor openings on east. Slate roof with gabled end on
right and hipped on left with gabled wings to rear. Large projecting stack on rear
south-west wing. L-shaped plan with further wing added on rear on north-west to
form U-shape.
2 storeys. East front asymmetrical 2 window front with granite lintel to
blocked opening on left. 20-pane sash without horns, partly glazed door to right of
centre and 16-pane sash in partly blocked opening with brick dressings on right.
Above two 2-light casement on right and C20 2-light casement with top hung
casements above on left. Render between ground and first floor openings.
South front with single storey store on left-hand side. Door in partly
rendered single storey lean-to porch.
Recorded on site of Tucking Mill in 1309. Barton site.
Source: J Polsue Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall Vol.III, 1867-73
rp 1974; C Henderson "Tucking Mills, Sites of Ancient Industry in the Duchy",
Western Morning News and Mercury, April 26, 1928


Listing NGR: SX1657251911

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.