This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.3672 / 50°22'2"N
Longitude: -5.0541 / 5°3'14"W
OS Eastings: 182898
OS Northings: 56385
OS Grid: SW828563
Mapcode National: GBR ZF.PTVV
Mapcode Global: FRA 0892.8T1
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 16 November 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137253
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63979
Location: St. Newlyn East, Cornwall, TR8
Civil Parish: St. Newlyn East
Built-Up Area: St Newlyn East
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Newlyn
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST NEWLYN EAST METHA ROAD
SW 85 NW
1/40 The Old Vicarage
Parsonage house. C18 and c.1840-50 for Rev. Edward Dix. Killas rubble,
with slate roof.
Plan. Original building comprises a long range, to which a front block
was added mid C19 forming a double pile block with two reception rooms
with central stair hall, thus creating a fashionable symmetrical south
front. Transverse passage divides kitchen and former library in rear
block, with service rooms in west end of earlier build.
Two storeys. Elevation. Three bays, with central blind door. Plate
glass sashes to ground floor, 6-pane to first floor. Roof hipped.
Interior. Panelled shutters to main reception rooms on south front.
Stair with timber turned newels. Contemporary timber fire surrounds but
marble in library, which also has recessed shelves. Iron surround to
drawing room fireplace, and late C19 fireplace inserts on first floor.
Both dining room and drawing room have moulded and enriched cornices.
Listing NGR: SW8292956418
Other nearby listed buildings