This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.3874 / 50°23'14"N
Longitude: -4.447 / 4°26'49"W
OS Eastings: 226144
OS Northings: 57033
OS Grid: SX261570
Mapcode National: GBR NG.SX4Z
Mapcode Global: FRA 18K0.RBY
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 18 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1138044
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60713
Location: Morval, Cornwall, PL13
Civil Parish: Morval
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Morval
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 25 NE MORVAL MORVAL
4/55 The Old Vicarage
Vicarage now private house. Circa mid to late 1840s partly remodelled in 1880s.
Vicarage rebuilt by John Hawkins Hext who was admitted in 1843. Stuccoed elevations
with rusticated quoins to south front with slate roof with hipped ends arranged
around a central well. Rendered projecting chimney stacks on hipped ends of 1840s
south range and rendered axial brick chimney stack to kitchen on west.
2 principal rooms on south garden front and a hall passage behind leading from left
(west) side entrance to stair well on right (east) side. The hall passage separates
the principal south rooms from service rooms on the rear (north) side.
2 storeys regular south front with rusticated quoins. Large 2 storey bay window
projection added in the 1880s to left with blocked opening near centre and tall C19
12-pane sash to right. First floor with sashes without glazing bars in projecting
bay on left and 2 C19 hornless sashes to right with margin glazing bars. West front
with right-hand side set slightly forward with rusticated quoins and projecting
chimney stack. To left, 2 C19 16-panes sashes, one with horns, with projecting
stuccoed porch with slate roof and segmental arched opening. First floor with 3
sashes with margin glazing bars above ground floor openings.
Interior with doors, doorcases, shutters, chimney pieces and plasterwork largely
intact. Entrance hall with stone and slate flag floor; drawing room with C19 marble
chimney piece with plasterwork cornice decorated with egg and dart motif; dining room
on south east with 019 chimney piece and ornate plasterwork cornice decorated with
egg and dart motif, vine leaves and grapes and central open well stair with thin
turned balusters on square bases and ramped rail.
Polsue, J Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall. 1867-73 reprinted 1974.
Listing NGR: SX2597156646
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings