This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.3828 / 50°22'58"N
Longitude: -4.6195 / 4°37'10"W
OS Eastings: 213866
OS Northings: 56937
OS Grid: SX138569
Mapcode National: GBR N7.T76Y
Mapcode Global: FRA 1861.4EN
Entry Name: Red Store
Listing Date: 30 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1138151
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60624
Location: St. Veep, Cornwall, PL22
Civil Parish: St. Veep
Built-Up Area: Lerryn
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Veep
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 15 NW ST VEEP LERRYN
6/123 Red Store
Warehouse and boat store, circa early C19. Rubblestone with scantle slate roof with
hipped ends. 2 storeys and basement. Almost symmetrical south front. 6 granite
steps up to central plank door flanked by 2 square openings boarded up. Later
rubble stone and granite steps to left of centre rising up to first floor entrance
and forming porch over ground floor entrance.
In basement on right hand end (east), opening under timber lintel with entrance to
boat store. Small square opening to basement on left hand side.
On river side to north, 2 openings with timber shutters to ground and first floor.
Warehouse used as store for corn, fertilizer etc. in conjunction with port of Lerryn
operating up to early C20. Stands on south bank of River Lerryn to east of
converted boat house and quay.
Listing NGR: SX1386656937
Other nearby listed buildings