This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.3221 / 54°19'19"N
Longitude: -2.7442 / 2°44'38"W
OS Eastings: 351694
OS Northings: 492091
OS Grid: SD516920
Mapcode National: GBR 9L8G.PD
Mapcode Global: WH82W.TMFG
Entry Name: Parish Hall
Listing Date: 30 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1138184
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75422
Location: Kendal, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA9
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Kendal
Built-Up Area: Kendal
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Kendal Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 5192 SE KENDAL KIRKLAND
11/81 Parish Hall
Parish Hall. Dated 1912 (over main door and on rainwater head). By J. Hutton
in Perpendicular style. Coursed, squared, rubble with stepped buttressing.
Graduated slate roofs with stone copings and kneelers. Corniced stone end
chimneys, octagonal louvre to ridge of main hall. Symmetrical plan: Hall with
'aisles' to sides and west end; parallel range to either side at east end.
Symmetrical west elevation: Central porch has door with linenfold panels in
surround with 4-centred head; castellated west aisle has 2 stone-mullioned,
3-light windows to either side of porch. Hall gable end has large pointed
window with Perpendicular tracery. Included for group value with church.
Listing NGR: SD5169492091
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings