History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Home Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Moreton cum Alcumlow, Cheshire East

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1351 / 53°8'6"N

Longitude: -2.2335 / 2°14'0"W

OS Eastings: 384474

OS Northings: 359800

OS Grid: SJ844598

Mapcode National: GBR 12Q.D4R

Mapcode Global: WHBC6.NGMD

Entry Name: Home Farmhouse

Listing Date: 26 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1138735

English Heritage Legacy ID: 56511

Location: Moreton cum Alcumlow, Cheshire East, CW12

County: Cheshire East

Civil Parish: Moreton cum Alcumlow

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire

Church of England Parish: Astbury St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Congleton

Listing Text

MORETON CUM ALCUMLOW C.P. NEW ROAD
SJ 85 NW
7/40 Home Farmhouse
-
GV II

Home Farmhouse to Great Moreton Hall. Dated 1871. Shuttered concrete
with ashlar dressings and a plain tile roof. The entrance front has a
projecting gabled bay at right which has a canted bay window to the
ground and first floors. Cross-window to the centre with glazing of
lattice pattern with metal glazing bars and similar single-light
windows to the angles set in a chamfered concrete surround. Below the
first floor windows are rectangular panels with diamond-pointed
rustication to the central panel. Similar fenestration at first floor
level to that at ground floor level and a hipped roof above. The
projecting plinth to this wing is of concrete but the chamfered quoins
to the corners are of ashlar. To left of this and slightly recessed
are two bays, that at ground floor right having a ½-glazed doorway
with a lean-to porch before it in the re-entrant angle, supported on
chamfered ashlar piers. To left of this is a cross-window with metal
frame and the first floor has a 2-light and a single-light casement at
left and right respectively. The right hand side has a projecting
gabled bay to the centre with ashlar quoins to the corners and having
a similar bay window to that on the entrance front. At either side
are cross-windows to the ground floor and 2-light casements to the
first floor, again with metal glazing bars of lattice pattern. To the
apex of the central gable is a shield with projecting lettering which
reads GHA/HSA/1871. Gabled chimney-stack at right with two Tudor
chimney pots of moulded terra-cotta. Ridge stack at left of centre
with 4 similarly decorated pots.


Listing NGR: SJ8447459800

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.