This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5362 / 54°32'10"N
Longitude: -1.051 / 1°3'3"W
OS Eastings: 461503
OS Northings: 516076
OS Grid: NZ615160
Mapcode National: GBR PH3Z.8N
Mapcode Global: WHF8D.T7QS
Entry Name: (The Buck Hotel) and Extensions and Outbuildings Adjoining North Side
Listing Date: 16 May 1977
Last Amended: 25 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139745
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59980
Location: Guisborough, Redcar and Cleveland, TS14
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Civil Parish: Guisborough
Built-Up Area: Guisborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Guisborough St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ6116 GUISBOROUGH MARKET PLACE
7/119 No.4 (The Buck
Hotel) and extensions
16.5.77 adjoining N. side
as The Buck Hotel).
Hotel. Early C.18 re-fronted early C.19. Rendered and painted.
Welsh slate roof, stone ridge and gable coping. 2 rendered
stacks to gables. Moulded eaves cornice. 3 storeys, 2 bays.
Full-height bow window with late C.19 flat sashes, glazing bars
to ground floor; lead cladding to aprons between floors. Central
doorway with simple Tuscan portico surmounted by contemporary
sculptured buck; 6-panelled door, rectangular fanlight with
glazing bars. Former coaching inn. Listing includes later
extensions and outbuildings adjoining rear (N) elevation,
including the former Assembly Rooms, erected 1857. Part random
rubble sandstone, part brick. Welsh slates and clay pantiles.
Sash windows with glazing bars to upper floors; ground floor
sashes and casements with etched public house glazing. Part of
rear (W) elevation is open on ground floor with steel piers and
girders; 8 first floors sashes with glazing bars.
Listing NGR: NZ6150416079
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings