This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5664 / 54°33'58"N
Longitude: -1.3125 / 1°18'45"W
OS Eastings: 444547
OS Northings: 519231
OS Grid: NZ445192
Mapcode National: GBR MH8M.MW
Mapcode Global: WHD6Y.TH56
Entry Name: War Memorial
Listing Date: 19 January 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139979
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59460
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, TS18
Electoral Ward/Division: Stockton Town Centre
Built-Up Area: Stockton-on-Tees
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Stockton-on-Tees
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 4419 SE
STOCKTON ON TEES
HIGH STREET (east side)
1923. H V Lanchester architect. At south west corner of churchyard. Portland stone with bronze panels and ornament. Rectangular with large niches to north and south, before which are colonnaded exedrae over which the cornice is returned. Set on a tall base. Framing pilasters of sides have lions masks above. Sarcophagus with fluted sides at top, with trophies and wreaths on each side, and surmounted by bronze torch and stone pedestal.
Listing NGR: NZ4454719231
This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online, the War Memorials Register and North East War Memorials Project. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 17 September 2018.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings