This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5033 / 50°30'11"N
Longitude: -4.3155 / 4°18'55"W
OS Eastings: 235890
OS Northings: 69613
OS Grid: SX358696
Mapcode National: GBR NN.KMB9
Mapcode Global: FRA 17VQ.NK0
Entry Name: Bulls Head Public House
Listing Date: 23 January 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1140077
English Heritage Legacy ID: 61229
Location: Callington, Cornwall, PL17
Civil Parish: Callington
Built-Up Area: Callington
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Callington
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 36 NE CALLINGTON FORE STREET (north side),
8/28 Bulls Head public house and
No. 39 Fore Street
Public house and shop adjoining with premises over. Circa early C18, possibly with
earlier core. Remodelled in circa late C18 and extended to rear. Whitewashed slate
hung front with rendered left-hand side wall. Rendered rear wing. Slate roof with
hipped end on left. Higher, asbestos slate roof with gabled ends to premises on
right. Double depth plan with extending wing to rear on left. Fore Street
elevation, 3 storeys, asymmetrical regular 3 window south front. Ground floor with
C20 cross window on left with entrance to right. Timber door with pointed head and
diamond leaded fanlight above. Moulded timber string above. Shop adjoining on right
with late C19 glazed shop front and C20 glazed door in centre. First floor with sash
with glazing bars removed on left. Two 4-pane sashes to right. Second floor with
left-hand sash with top glazing bars removed. Right-hand side with two 16-pane
sashes. Side wall on left with cross window in ground floor and 4-pane sash above.
Church Street elevation, 2 storeys continuing rear wall of 3-storey range. 3 window
front. Ground floor; 2 cross windows flanking central plank door with timber hood.
Above, 3 sashes without glazing bars. Ground floor interiors altered. Upper floors
The Bulls Head was kept by Samuel Winter at the beginning of the C18. Edward Keast
took over in 1748-1761.
H. L. Douch Old Cornish Inns 1966
Listing NGR: SX3589269614
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings