History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Farmbuildings Immediately to South West of Morval Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Morval, Cornwall

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.3842 / 50°23'3"N

Longitude: -4.4524 / 4°27'8"W

OS Eastings: 225750

OS Northings: 56691

OS Grid: SX257566

Mapcode National: GBR NG.T26F

Mapcode Global: FRA 18K1.37T

Entry Name: Farmbuildings Immediately to South West of Morval Farmhouse

Listing Date: 18 December 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1140278

English Heritage Legacy ID: 60729

Location: Morval, Cornwall, PL13

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Morval

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Morval

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Morval

Listing Text

SX 25 NE MORVAL MORVAL

4/96 Farmbuildings immediately to south
- west of Morval Farmhouse

GV II

Range of courtyard farmbuildings comprising barn with shippon and threshing floor
above, stable, further shippons and open stock yard. 1854 (datestone) erected for
Buller family on barton farm of Morval Estate. Stone rubble and cob with corrugated
iron, corrugated asbestos and cement-washed scantle slate roofs with gable ends.
Square on plan, around an open courtyard with entrance opposite farmhouse (qv Morval
Farmhouse) on north east and entrance from road on south east. 2-storey range on
north west comprising shippon and threshing floor on left and probably stable with
hayloft above on right. Left-hand range with 4 doors below dressed stone segmental
arches (left-hand door blocked by range on left) with 3 windows with similar arches
between. First floor with large double threshing doors near centre with 'I F B
1854' inscribed on cill andflanhed by 2 pairs of windows (left-hand blocked) with 2
rows of pigeon holes on right. Right-hand range with lower roof with 2 windows in
dressed stone segmental arches flanking wide opening for cart and door to right. 3
windows above with 2 rows of pigeon holes. Range on south west of single storey with
open-fronted stalls, partly rebuilt with timber posts and rear walls of cob and stone
rubble. Single-storey ranges of stone rubble on south east and north east.


Listing NGR: SX2597156646

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.