This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.3794 / 50°22'45"N
Longitude: -4.3104 / 4°18'37"W
OS Eastings: 235824
OS Northings: 55829
OS Grid: SX358558
Mapcode National: GBR NN.TGN7
Mapcode Global: FRA 18V1.JJJ
Entry Name: Stable/Coach House and Forecourt Walls About 20 Metres North East of Trewin House
Listing Date: 26 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1140612
English Heritage Legacy ID: 61950
Location: Sheviock, Cornwall, PL11
Civil Parish: Sheviock
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Sheviock
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 35 NE SHEVIOCK
2/297 Stable/coach house and forecourt
walls about 20 metres north east
of Trewin House
Stable/coach house and forecourt walls. Dated 1889 on drinking trough, with some
later alterations. Sandstone rubble with white brick dressings, hipped asbestos
Plan: central coach house with living accommodation over, stable wing to right and
left. Forecourt walls enclosing stable yard to front.
Central 2-storey coach house has 4 windows at first floor, all 6-pane sashes with
triangular heads; ground floor has double doors for carriage entrance to left,
brought forward from the wall with a hood over with a 4-pane triangular light in the
gable of the hood. To right, a taller narrower pointed arched door, all doors with
decorative strap hinges and brick pointed arches over. Single storey stable to right
and left with end bay broken forward with hipped roof, each side has 2 pointed arched
doorways with 4-light triangular fanlights. To left, one door is blocked, to right
both blocked with casements inserted.
Interior Stable to left retains loose boxes with cast iron mangers.
Forecourt walls in rubble, about 1½ metres high, enclosing a yard about 8 metres
deep, about 17 metres along front. Entrance to entre front with pair of square piers
about 2 metres high in rubble with flat tops, similar pier at each front corner.
Granite drinking trough attached to wall to left, dated 1889.
Listing NGR: SX3582455829
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings