This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.2463 / 50°14'46"N
Longitude: -5.1267 / 5°7'36"W
OS Eastings: 177175
OS Northings: 43154
OS Grid: SW771431
Mapcode National: GBR Z9.ZLGB
Mapcode Global: FRA 084C.Y9F
Entry Name: Well Head at Approx 20m South West of Baldhu Church
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1140858
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63414
Location: Kea, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: Kea
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Highertown
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 74 SE KEA BALDHU
1/130 Well Head at approx 20m south west
of Baldhu Church
Well-head over spring. Circa 1847. Possibly by William White who designed the
church but may be by the Reverend W. Haslam. Dressed elvan with corbelled elvan roof
with cross finial to east gable.
Rectangular-on-plan with steps down to doorway at east end. In the style of a C15
East doorway has shouldered flat-headed arch. Roof has straight eaves cornice and
corbelled roof stones are laid with slightly overhanging courses to resemble slates
or tiles. Roll moulding to ridge.
An attractive and functionally designed well-head in Gothic revival style.
Listing NGR: SW7717543154
Other nearby listed buildings