This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.2263 / 50°13'34"N
Longitude: -4.9734 / 4°58'24"W
OS Eastings: 188012
OS Northings: 40489
OS Grid: SW880404
Mapcode National: GBR ZK.YYMS
Mapcode Global: FRA 08GF.J7T
Entry Name: The Old Manor House
Listing Date: 25 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141027
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63017
Location: Philleigh, Cornwall, TR2
Civil Parish: Philleigh
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Philleigh
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 83 NE PHILLEIGH
1/53 The Old Manor House
House. C18 but incorporating part of earlier house, extended and partly rebuilt
circa 1970's. Home of the Petit family when permission for chapel was given in 1285.
Carved stone Medieval fragments survive in garden wall. Slatestone rubble walls.
Steep, dry Delabole slate roof, hipped to left with C20 brick chimney over original
external stone breast and brick chimney over gable end right and to gable end of
mostly C20 rear wing, 2 room cross passage plus rear wing plan. 2 storeys. Nearly
symmetrical 3 window south front, partly rebuilt C20 to first floor. C20, 16 pane
sashes. Central doorway within C20 stone porch with coped gable end and doorway with
Interior incorporates some reused fragments but C16/C17 granite fireplace with
straight chamfers and pyramid stops survives in left room. Cloam oven to left of
fireplace is C18/C19 insertion.
Many reused moulded and carved stones are built into C20 stone garden wall.
Excavations for drainage circa 1970's revealed extensive foundations of older house.
Listing NGR: SW8801240489
Other nearby listed buildings