This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.3073 / 50°18'26"N
Longitude: -5.0559 / 5°3'21"W
OS Eastings: 182500
OS Northings: 49727
OS Grid: SW825497
Mapcode National: GBR ZF.TM46
Mapcode Global: FRA 0897.23M
Entry Name: Lanner Farm. Animal House and Store
Listing Date: 16 November 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141470
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63907
Location: St. Allen, Cornwall, TR4
Civil Parish: St. Allen
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Kenwyn with St Allen
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 84 NW
7/68 Lanner Farm.
Animal House and store.
Farm building comprising cowshed with corn store on upper floor. C17
-C18, extended C18 or early C19. Killas, with large granite moorstone
quoins, cob to upper floor, extended to south in killas. Scantle slate
Ground floor has three 2-light timber openings with timber lintels, one
pair of doors and cartdoors. Two pitching doors to upper floor and 3
similar vents. Ramp access to first floor at rear at centre of earlier
build. Eaves of large slates. C20 lean-to added along rear.
Interior: 11 Cornish trusses. Upper floor rendered internally and
Lanner was founded by Bishop Branescombe in the C13 and became an
important barton of the see of Exeter. The bishops made frequent visits
between 1269 and 1328. The present house is not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SW8250049727
Other nearby listed buildings