This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.0538 / 50°3'13"N
Longitude: -5.2536 / 5°15'12"W
OS Eastings: 167195
OS Northings: 22150
OS Grid: SW671221
Mapcode National: GBR Z2.FP1Z
Mapcode Global: VH139.WXH3
Entry Name: Trevergy Farmhouse and Adjoining Farmbuilding
Listing Date: 22 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141756
English Heritage Legacy ID: 65176
Location: Cury, Cornwall, TR12
Civil Parish: Cury
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Cury with Gunwalloe
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 62 SE CURY
Trevergy Farmhouse and adjoining
Farmhouse and adjoining farmbuilding. Circa early-mid C18 and extended in 1825.
Painted shale rubble with rendered cob to first floor of original front, slate sills
and wooden lintels, granite lintels to C19 part. Steep corrugated asbestos roof
(formerly thatched) with brick chimneys over gable ends of C18 part and lower pitched
scantle slate roof adjoining left-hand gable end and continuing over adjoining
farmbuilding with further brick chimney over cross party wall between.
Plan of hall/kitchen, left, and parlour right, central passage between originally
leading to C18 stair within wing at right angles to middle of rear, enlarged in the
C19 and further 2-storey 1-room addition on lower ground adjoining at left of
hall/kitchen and integral with farmbuilding to far left.
2 storeys. Nearly symmetrical 3-window C18 front with 1-window domestic front
adjoining at left. C18 front has central doorway within C20 glazed porch. Square
window with circa early C19 12-pane 2-light horizontal sliding sash over doorway.
Other window openings are wider but with similar early C19 horizontal sliding sashes
to ground floor and C20 windows over, C19 front, left, has similar early C19 window
to first floor, ledged door to ground floor right and C20 casement in original
opening left of doorway. Farmbuilding front far left is little altered with rubble
Interior has much original circa early-mid C18 carpentry and joinery including upper
flight of stair with splat twist balusters, ovolo-moulded beams, built-in settle on
left of entry; large hearth with oven; dentilled cornice in parlour and feet of
original trusses exposed below plaster ceiling of bedrooms.
Large hearth in C19 addition has reused C17 chamfered granite jamb. Date of C19
extension recorded in roof plaster with the name Samuel Lugg. James Boaden inscribed
elsewhere with dates of 1863, 1877 and 1886.
Old photograph, rephotographed for N.M.R., shows house with thatched roof and granite
coped walled courtyard at front.
Listing NGR: SW6719522150
Other nearby listed buildings