This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1184 / 50°7'6"N
Longitude: -5.1748 / 5°10'29"W
OS Eastings: 173139
OS Northings: 29082
OS Grid: SW731290
Mapcode National: GBR Z6.8RSL
Mapcode Global: FRA 081P.XFH
Entry Name: The Haven
Listing Date: 10 July 1957
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142109
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66078
Location: Constantine, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Constantine
Built-Up Area: Constantine
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Constantine
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 72 NW CONSTANTINE CHURCH SQUARE, Constantine
8/92 The Haven
House. Circa late C17 or early C18, divided into 2 cottages in C19 and reunited in
late C20. Granite rubble with dressed granite quoins and lintels. Thatched roof
with gabled ends; the left hand gable end has a moulded kneeler at the front.
Dressed granite gable end stacks and dripcources, the left hand stack has a moulded
dripcource and cap.
Plan: Double depth plan. Originally the house had 2 front rooms the kitchen to the
left and parlour to the right, both heated from gable end stacks; and unheated rooms
in an integral rear outshut. In the C19 the house was divided into 2 cottages. In
the late C20 it was reunited and the partitions between the front rooms were removed
creating one large room and a staircase inserted into the rear outshut.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Nearly symmetrical 2-window front, the windows and doorway
disposed towards the right. C20 12-pane sashes with granite lintels and cills.
Central doorway with granite lintel and a C20 plank door; a blocked doorway
immediately to its right.
The thatched roof at the rear extends down to the lower eaves over the rear outshut.
Interior: A very large fireplace at the left hand end has unchamfered granite lintel
and jambs and a stone-lined oven in the left hand side. At the right hand end a
smaller fireplace also with an unchamfered granite lintel and jambs but without an
oven. These fireplaces were originally porbably concealed by chimney-pieces. The
interior has been completely altered in the late C20 and no early joinery survives.
Listing NGR: SW7313929082
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings