This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.145 / 50°8'41"N
Longitude: -5.1761 / 5°10'34"W
OS Eastings: 173170
OS Northings: 32042
OS Grid: SW731320
Mapcode National: GBR Z6.6ZCH
Mapcode Global: FRA 081M.WSM
Entry Name: Stables Immediately South West of Treworvack
Listing Date: 17 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142140
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66056
Location: Constantine, Cornwall, TR10
Civil Parish: Constantine
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Constantine
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 SW CONSTANTINE
5/72 Stables immediately south west
- of Treworvack
Stables with loft above. Circa early to mid C19. Granite rubble with dressed
granite quoins, lintels and jambs. Slurried scantle slate roof, hipped at ends and
with red clay ridge tiles.
Plan: Rectangular plan; 3 stables on the ground floor with separate entrances on the
front and a loft above with external stairs at the back.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Not quite symmetrical, the windows and doorways disposed
towards the right. The ground floor has 3 doorways with granite lintels, the left
hand doorway has a reused granite lintel. Loft doorway to right of centre with small
square window to either side, each with projecting granite cill. All openings have
boarded doors or shutters.
The left hand side has a ground floor window with a reused chamfered granite frame
with stoolings for mullions.
The rear south elevation has external stone stairs up to the loft doorway to the left
and a small loft window to the left of the doorway.
C20 concrete outbuilding is attached to the right hand (west) side.
Interior: Not inspected.
Listing NGR: SW7317032042
Other nearby listed buildings