This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.1171 / 50°7'1"N
Longitude: -5.2832 / 5°16'59"W
OS Eastings: 165384
OS Northings: 29270
OS Grid: SW653292
Mapcode National: GBR Z0.ZM8M
Mapcode Global: VH133.CBT3
Entry Name: Barn at Approximately 15 Metres South of Gwavas Farmhouse Including Adjoining Gate-Piers
Listing Date: 5 November 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142149
English Heritage Legacy ID: 65983
Location: Sithney, Cornwall, TR13
Civil Parish: Sithney
Built-Up Area: Helston
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Sithney
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 62 NE SITHNEY GWAVAS
8/318 Barn at approximately 15 metres
south of Gwavas Farmhouse including
5.ll.74 adjoining gate-piers
Barn and adjoining cartshed including adjoining gate-piers. Circa mid C19.
Granite rubble with granite dressings. Grouted scantle slate L-plan hipped
roof. Lower roof with weatherboarded gable end to cartshed.
Plan: L-shaped plan of probably granary and fodder store over shippons and
stables and later C19 open-ended, cartshed adjoining the front end of the
right-hand arm of the L. There are stone steps up to doorway in rear wall
on the right.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Longer range of barn has 2 window east-north-east
front with shorter wing projecting at right angles in front of the right-hand
side. Old ledged doors and window shutters. Ground floor has original doorway
under middle window, later window on its left and blocked later opening on
its right. Left-hand (front) wall of wing has original openings: louvered
window on the left: old shuttered window above and doorway on the right.
Other elevations are unaltered and have their original openings including
thin ventilators to the ground floor (right-hand wall and rear). Towards
the rear of the right-hand wall is a wide doorway with window, over the
window is an original horizontal sliding sash with vertical glazing bars and
randowm panes of glass.
Interior: Not inspected.
Wide gateway adjoining at rear right has round-headed granite monolithic piers
and C19 brace wrought iron gate.
Listing NGR: SW6538429270
Other nearby listed buildings