This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5495 / 50°32'58"N
Longitude: -4.7596 / 4°45'34"W
OS Eastings: 204596
OS Northings: 75826
OS Grid: SX045758
Mapcode National: GBR N1.GM7G
Mapcode Global: FRA 07XM.3JS
Entry Name: Kellygreen Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 November 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143016
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67775
Location: St. Tudy, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: St. Tudy
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Tudy with Michaelstow
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 07 NW
1/145 Kellygreen Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Circa C17 origins, partly rebuilt in C18 and extended in early C19.
Slatestone rubble with reused granite quoins. Rag slate roof with gable ends
continuing over 2-storey rear outshot. Brick end stacks and brick stack to outshot
on rear right.
Plan: Original plan uncertain and as interior was not accessible at time of survey
(1986) the chronological development is unclear. The house is of at least 2 rooms in
depth and has a straight joint near the front elevation indicating partial
rebuilding. Entrance near centre with the 2 front rooms heated by end stacks. 2-
storey service range to rear with kitchen on rear right, heated by end stack and
stair near centre. Dairy probably to rear left.
Exterior: 2-storeys. Asymmetrical 3:1 window front with circa late C18 or early C19
sashes. 2 tall 18-pane hornless sashes to left with C20 glazed door in centre and
30-pane sash to right. On first floor are two 12-pane sashes flanking an 18-pane
sash with a 30-pane sash to right. The windows to left have dressed stone arches and
the ground and first floor windows on right have timber lintels.
Remains of slate tombstone attached on right hand gable end, the inscription reading
in 1935 "Sic transit Gloria mundi. John Rowe, Fecit 1729", now partly eroded.
Interior: Not accessible.
The manor of Kellygreen was anciently the property of the Barrets who resided at the
Barton house on or near this site. Gilbert records the remains of a private chapel
nearby in 1838 and there are several pieces of dressed granite in the garden in front
of the farmhouse.
Gilbert, Davies Parochial History of Cornwall founded on the manuscript histories of
Kelly's Directory of Cornwall, 1935
Polsue, J Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, 1867 reprinted in
Listing NGR: SX0459675826
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings