This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.44 / 50°26'23"N
Longitude: -4.7034 / 4°42'12"W
OS Eastings: 208133
OS Northings: 63506
OS Grid: SX081635
Mapcode National: GBR N3.PPP7
Mapcode Global: FRA 171W.MGM
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 15 April 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143086
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67542
Location: Lanhydrock, Cornwall, PL30
Civil Parish: Lanhydrock
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanhydrock
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 06 SE
9/60 The Old Vicarage
Vicarage, now house. Circa 1845, with C20 alterations. Stone rubble, rendered and
lined out. Hipped slate roof with deep eaves ; axial stack and stack at the left
side, with rendered shafts.
Plan: Double depth plan, with central entrance and principal room to front right and
left ; stair hall to centre left and rooms facing the garden along the right side and
rear. Large 2-storey service wing attached to rear left.
Exterior: 2 storeys, symmetrical 3-window front ; all windows are C19 16-pane sashes,
cornice on consoles at ground floor. Central 9-panelled door with cornice on
consoles. Plinth and band course. Right side has three 20-pane sashes with cornice
on consoles at ground floor ; first floor has three 16-pane sashes. Left side has
central 24-pane sash, with round head and margin glazing and splayed glazing bars,
lighting the stair. Ground floor 16-pane sash and first floor 9-pane sash. The
service wing is 2 storey, with two 16-pane sashes and central blind window at first
floor, ground floor has single storey lean-to with sashes and C20 half-glazed door.
Rear has 3 windows, at ground floor a 20-pane sash to left, blind central window and
16-pane sash to right. First floor has two 16-pane sashes to right and blind window
to left. The service wing is slightly set forward to right, of 4 bays with sashes.
Interior: Not inspected. There are panelled shutters to the windows at ground floor
and panelled doors. There may be other features, such as a good staircase. Built
for The Reverend Charles Grylls, the first vicar after Lanhydrock was made into a
"regular" parish by Bishop Philpotts of Exeter in 1844.
Listing NGR: SX0813363506
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings