This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6092 / 50°36'33"N
Longitude: -4.7035 / 4°42'12"W
OS Eastings: 208811
OS Northings: 82318
OS Grid: SX088823
Mapcode National: GBR N3.BX8V
Mapcode Global: FRA 171G.7F2
Entry Name: Group of 5 Tombchests of Elizabeth Pearce, William Fillis Pearce, Margaret Pearce, Richard and Mary Smith and John - 4-8 Metres to South of Porch of Church of St Julitta
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143553
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68512
Location: Camelford, Cornwall, PL32
Civil Parish: Camelford
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanteglos by Camelford
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 08 SE
4/70 Group of 5 tombchests of Elizabeth
- Pearce, William Fillis Pearce,
Margaret Pearce, Richard and Mary
Smith and John - 4-8 metres to
south of porch of Church of St
Group of 5 tombchests. 1759-1862.
Tombchest of Elizabeth Pearce who died in 1798, Edward Pearce (1802) and Mary Pearce
(1803). Stone rubble chest with slate lid. Inscription in upper and lower case
lettering with serifs.
Tombchest of William Fillis Pearce of Tremeddan, Liskeard formerly of parish of
Lanteglos who died in 1862 and Susanna Pearce (1888). Brick chest with slate lid.
Granite kerb surrounding with iron railings.
Tombchest of Margaret Pearce, daughter of Edward and Honour Pearce who died in 1759,
Honor Pearce wife of Edward Pearce and Edward Pearce Gent (1810). Chest removed with
only thick lid surviving; granite moulded edge with slate ledgerstone. Inscribed in
upper and lower case lettering with serifs.
Tombchest of Richard and Mary Smith of Fenterwanson who died in 1799 and 1803. Also
their sons Richard (1780), John (1787) and Thomas (1812). Stone rubble chest with
slate lid. Inscribed in upper and lower case lettering with serifs.
Tombchest of John - who died in 1814. Stone rubble chest with slate lid inscribed in
upper and lower case lettering with serifs, the inscription partly illegible.
Listing NGR: SX0880782312
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings