This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1808 / 50°10'50"N
Longitude: -5.422 / 5°25'19"W
OS Eastings: 155793
OS Northings: 36802
OS Grid: SW557368
Mapcode National: GBR DXZ6.K70
Mapcode Global: VH12M.YQZ8
Entry Name: Ladbrooke House, Including Garden Walls and Gate Piers at Approximately 25 Metres North East
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143661
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70241
Location: Hayle, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: Hayle
Built-Up Area: Hayle
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Erth
Church of England Diocese: Truro
HAYLE MILLPOND AVENUE (west side), Hayle
12/140 (was 4/34) No. 15 (Ladbrooke House), including
- garden walls and gate piers at
approximately 25 metres north east
House including garden wall and gate piers adjoining road. Circa 1840's. Built for the Harvey family. Stuccoed walls. Hipped concrete tile roof wide eaves
with moulded plaster soffits. Stuccoed chimneys with paired octagonal shafts
over side walls, towards front, left and towards rear, right.
Plan: Double depth plan with 2 equal reception rooms at the garden front;
axial entrance hall behind right-hand room leading to bowed stair hall behind
the left-hand room; probably study behind entrance hall and kitchen behind
stair hall. Later extensions at rear, right and adjoining left-hand side
towards the rear.
Exterior: 2-storeys. Similar stucco detail to each elevation: granite ashlar
plinths; giant panelled plasters with Corinthian capitals flanking each front;
moulded architraves carved festoons over ground floor windows; moulded first floors sill bands and eaves entablature with Greek key pattern to garden front and moulded soffits to other elevations. Symmetrical 3 window north-east
garden front with central domed blind niche to ground floor original windows throughout are 12-pane hornless sashes except for slightly larger sashes with marginal panes at ground floor left and right. Symmetrical 3 window north-west entrance front with central doorway. Original 6-panel door with later glazed
top panels and overlight. Distyle Corinthian porch with dentils to the entablature and iron balustrade over. Left-hand window is blind. Chimneys over right-hand windows.
Interior: Many original features including marble chimney-pieces and moulded plaster ceiling cornices.
Granite ashlar walls with granite copings to ogee-on-plan gateway flanked by granite monolith piers.
Listing NGR: SW5579336802
Other nearby listed buildings