This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2017 / 54°12'6"N
Longitude: -2.5965 / 2°35'47"W
OS Eastings: 361183
OS Northings: 478601
OS Grid: SD611786
Mapcode National: GBR BM9V.NK
Mapcode Global: WH94P.2NT8
Entry Name: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 13 and 15, Market Square
Listing Date: 12 February 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145756
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75204
Location: Kirkby Lonsdale, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA6
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Kirkby Lonsdale
Built-Up Area: Kirkby Lonsdale
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Kirkby Lonsdale Team Ministry
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
5166 (south side)
Nos 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 13 and
SD 6178 NW 5/90 12.2.62
1822. Three storeys. Each house of two bays. Squared coursed watershot rubble.
Windows mostly with sills and flush lintels. Doorways with plain surrounds.
No 1. Facade to Market Square has early C19 shopfront with bow windows and
entablature. To Main Street later shopfront with flanking Doric pilasters and
cornice. Modern door. Sashes.
No 3. Early C19 shopfront, bowed but with flat modern glazing. Six panel door, of
which top four panels glazed. Sashes.
No 5. Early C19 shopfront with flat modern glazing but bowed entablature supported
by reeded Doric three-quarter columns. Sashes. Modern door.
No 7. Early C19 bowed shopfront with modern glazing bars. Entablature carried on
reeded Doric three-quarter columns. Sashes. Modern door.
No 9. First floor sill band. Early C19 shopfront, bowed with all glazing bars.
Entablature and reeded Doric half columns supported on consoles. Sashes. Modern
No 13. Sashes. Six panel door with rectangular fanlight. Yard entrance to right
hand side with segmental head.
No 15. Sashes with all glazing bars. Five panel door, top glazed.
Built in 1822 by the Earl of Lonsdale on the former garden of what is now the
Royal Hotel. (Annals).
Listing NGR: SD6118378601
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings