This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2907 / 53°17'26"N
Longitude: 0.2486 / 0°14'55"E
OS Eastings: 549981
OS Northings: 379439
OS Grid: TF499794
Mapcode National: GBR ZZ5D.M2
Mapcode Global: WHJLF.SKL4
Plus Code: 9F5276RX+7F
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1147204
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195588
Location: Hannah cum Hagnaby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13
Civil Parish: Hannah cum Hagnaby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Hannah cum Hagnaby with Markby
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
HANNAH-CUM-HAGNABY MAIN STREET
TF 47 NE Hannah
3/65 Church of
Parish church. 1758 with early C19 addition and minor C20
alterations. Squared greenstone rubble, pantile roof with raised
stone coped gables, C20 wooden bellcote with pyramidal roof.
Nave with west porch. The added C19 gabled porch has a pointed
doorway on the south side and a reused moulded C15 inner doorway.
Over the porch is a blocked semi-circular opening. The side
walls of the nave have plinth, pairs of semi-circular headed
windows and plain stone architraves with key and impost blocks.
In the east wall is a squat Venetian window with moulded imposts
and splayed key block. In the porch are 2 substantial fragments
of a carved C15 slab with figure sculptures on the angles.
Interior. All fittings are contemporary and include a full set
of panelled pews. On the north side one compartment contains an
octagonal pulpit with panelled cupboard below, with turned and
knopped balusters to the steps and a moulded octagonal tester.
Set in a corner of one of the pews is a small marble font, with
turned circular wooden cover surmounted by a ball finial. The
fine 3 sided altar rails have turned and knopped balusters and
are extended in a tight semi-circle at the front which hinge and
open outwards. There are 2 C18 brass chandeliers and either
side of the east window are commandment boards.
Listing NGR: TF4997879438
Other nearby listed buildings