This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.3051 / 54°18'18"N
Longitude: -0.8839 / 0°53'2"W
OS Eastings: 472722
OS Northings: 490514
OS Grid: SE727905
Mapcode National: GBR QL8N.FJ
Mapcode Global: WHF9N.D1BZ
Entry Name: Vicarage
Listing Date: 24 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1149024
English Heritage Legacy ID: 328933
Location: Lastingham, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO62
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Lastingham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Lastingham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
LASTINGHAM ANSERDALE LANE
(west side, off)
Vicarage. 1777; partly rebuilt 1829; extended to rear and altered mid C19
and C20. 1829 rebuilding by Rev Robert Harrison. Dressed sandstone to
front and right gable wall; coursed rubble sandstone to rear and left gable
end; herringbone-tooled quoins and vertically tooled sills and lintels.
Timber porch. Pantile roof. 2-storey, 5-window front. Gabled porch to
centre right over Tudor-arched, hollow chamfered quoined doorway with flat
hoodmould. Nail-studded door half-glazed over recessed panels enclosing
quatrefoils. Door lintel inscribed: "RH 1829". C20 inserted French door to
end left. Centre left window is a canted bay with small-pane sashes.
First-floor centre window is mullioned, of 2 shouldered lights with diamond
panes, beneath flat hoodmould. Remaining windows are 16-pane sashes with
wedge lintels and stone sills. Coped gables and plain kneelers. End and
centre left and right stacks. Rear: quoined, single-storey outshut raised
to left to provide a cross-gabled staircase window. Window is mullioned, of
2 shouldered lights with diamond panes, plain stone sill and lintel.
Listing NGR: SE7272290514
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings