This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3393 / 53°20'21"N
Longitude: -1.2636 / 1°15'49"W
OS Eastings: 449128
OS Northings: 382735
OS Grid: SK491827
Mapcode National: GBR MYMT.7P
Mapcode Global: WHDDZ.KBHD
Entry Name: Bath-House at Kiveton Park Colliery
Listing Date: 15 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1151908
English Heritage Legacy ID: 335856
Location: Wales, Rotherham, S26
Civil Parish: Wales
Built-Up Area: Kiveton Park
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Wales St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
WALES COLLIERY ROAD
(south end), Kiveton Park
4/105 Bath-house at Kiveton
Bath-house and amenities block. 1938 for the Kiveton Park Coal Company by
W. A. Woodland, later addition. Brick with concrete dressings, flat roofs.
2-storey L-shaped range with tall water-tower in angle having single-storey
projections from its base. In Modern manner. West elevation has elongated
corner window to the single-storey part with principal entrance in its right
return. Plain walling to 2-storey block on left. Water tower has tall 3-light
mullioned window with louvres beneath tiers of steel casements with glazing bars,
concrete slab hood. Right return: elongated windows with reeded concrete mullions,
the ground-floor windows incorporate a door, the 1st-floor windows of six three-
light casements. Concrete parapet copings. Later single-storey addition at
base of water tower not of special interest. Good example of 1930's progressive
architecture often pioneered in this region by such colliery structures.
Listing NGR: SK4912882735
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings