This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.6845 / 52°41'4"N
Longitude: 1.4495 / 1°26'58"E
OS Eastings: 633249
OS Northings: 315226
OS Grid: TG332152
Mapcode National: GBR XJJ.M9C
Mapcode Global: WHMTB.7SHD
Plus Code: 9F43MCMX+QR
Entry Name: Church of St Fabian and St Sebastian
Listing Date: 25 September 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1154614
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228549
Location: Woodbastwick, Broadland, Norfolk, NR13
Civil Parish: Woodbastwick
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Woodbastwick St Fabian and St Sebastian
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 31 NW WOODBASTWICK HORNING ROAD
25/9/62 Church of St. Fabian
and St. Sebastian.
Parish Church, medieval, restored by Sir G.G. Scott c.1879. Built of flint
with stone dressings and thatched roof. West tower, nave, south porch, north
chancel chapel and chancel. Late Perpendicular tower, rebuilt from nave eaves
level in C19. Plinth, diagonal buttresses and polygonal stair turret to north.
2 light west window with Perpendicular tracery. C19 rectangular sound holes
and 2 light belfry openings. String course with gargoyles and battlemented
parapet with crocketed finials. 3 bay nave with 2 light Perpendicular windows
and set back buttresses. Perpendicular wave moulded north doorway and door
containing some original tracery and boards. Perpendicular south doorway.
Back stepped parapet gables. South porch with Perpendicular entrance and
2 light windows with flat heads to north and south. Crocketed ogee niche
above doorway containing figure. C15 arch braced roof. Stone parapet gable
with classical carved stone kneeler to east. North chancel chapel dated 1877.
One window and entrance door, octagonal buttresses and parapet gables. 2
bay chancel with central priest's door and 2 light windows with 'Y' tracery.
C19 Decorated 3 light window and parapet gable. Good C19 interior. Barrel
roof and crown posts on medieval battlemented tie beams and cill plate.
Piscinas in north and south nave walls with cusped ogee heads. Chancel arch
with circular shafts. C19 crown posts truss with arch braces from wall posts
to tie beam separates chancel and sanctuary. C19 opening and screen to north
chancel chapel containing monuments to the Albemarle Cator family. Restored
medieval screen with ogee arched Perpendicular tracery 4 medieval benches
Listing NGR: TG3324915226
Other nearby listed buildings