This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7596 / 51°45'34"N
Longitude: -1.8376 / 1°50'15"W
OS Eastings: 411306
OS Northings: 206776
OS Grid: SP113067
Mapcode National: GBR 3QJ.Q6X
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.31DF
Entry Name: Arlington House
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155026
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127274
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BIBURY A433, Arlington
11/28 Arlington House
House with attached coach house. Late C18. Coursed rubble
limestone; brick rebuilt chimneys; stone slate roof. Two-
storey. L-plan house with coach house attached to rear wing.
Front: 4-window fenestration, mostly 2 and 3-light chamfered
mullioned casements; segmental arched former doorway to left with
inserted iron casement in timber frame. Right of centre doorway
with plain surround and flat timber porch hood on brackets; 6-
panel fielded door; 12-pane sash to right with indications of
former window above. Three ridge-mounted chimneys. North east
side: rear wing runs to left with scattered single and 2-light
mullioned fenestration. Attached coach house runs forward to left
with hipped-roofed lean-to addition to north east gable end; plank
coach doors on south east side. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1130606776
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings