This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6669 / 51°40'0"N
Longitude: -1.7693 / 1°46'9"W
OS Eastings: 416051
OS Northings: 196480
OS Grid: SU160964
Mapcode National: GBR 4T3.HHP
Mapcode Global: VHB31.9C0J
Entry Name: Lady Maud's Walk, in Garden of the Vicarage
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155520
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128949
Location: Kempsford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, SN6
Civil Parish: Kempsford
Built-Up Area: Fairford Airfield
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Kempsford with Whelford
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SU 19 NE KEMPSFORD KEMPSFORD VILLAGE
8/104 Lady Maud's walk, in garden of
Remains of river walkway along rampart and of one end pavilion.
Castle rampart along River Thames to original manor house, probably
of C13 origin, and converted c1630 into riverside terrace
approximately 80m in length with central steps and end pavilions,
known as Lady Maud's Walk. East side only remains, with remains
of about 4 large stone steps and with about 40m of walkway with
coped wall of differing heights along length, ending at south east
corner in a ruined pavilion with the frame of a 4-light mullion and
transom stone window with king mullion. The terrace is a whole
appears in Kip's engraving of Kempsford in 1700.
Listing NGR: SU1605196480
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings