This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7523 / 51°45'8"N
Longitude: -2.1738 / 2°10'25"W
OS Eastings: 388101
OS Northings: 205974
OS Grid: SO881059
Mapcode National: GBR 1MM.386
Mapcode Global: VH94Z.87P0
Entry Name: Lodge and Gateway to Lypiatt Park
Listing Date: 24 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155801
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132659
Location: Bisley-with-Lypiatt, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Bisley-with-Lypiatt
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Stroud St Laurence
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 80 NE BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT LYPIATT PARK
4/100 Lodge and gateway to Lypiatt Park
Lodge house and gateway. c1820 by Sir Jeff-rey Wyatville for Sir
Paul Baghott. Coursed rubble limestone with ashlar dressings.
Three-storey tower with single-storey wing to west; attached
gateway to east. Single-window fenestration to each face of tower.
Canted middle floor oriel on north side with trefoil headed
mullioned casements and crenellated top; 2-light with hoodmould to
ground floor; similar on east side, both with trefoil-headed
lights. Otherwise all windows to tower are single-lights, those to
east and west sides on upper floor with rubble blocking.
Machicolated and crenellated parapet; circular crenellated turret
in north east corner. Crenellated parapets to single-storey wing;
porch on south side of tower with pointed archway. Gateway has
square cross-gabled piers, flanking walls having weathered coping,
that on right with Tudor arched pedestrian doorway. Interior not
Listing NGR: SO8810105974
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings