This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1594 / 55°9'33"N
Longitude: -1.6922 / 1°41'31"W
OS Eastings: 419711
OS Northings: 585048
OS Grid: NZ197850
Mapcode National: GBR J8MS.F9
Mapcode Global: WHC2Q.ZLC3
Entry Name: Watch-House Approx 30 Yards South of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 22 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155845
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238725
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61
Civil Parish: Morpeth
Built-Up Area: Morpeth
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Morpeth
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
MORPETH HIGH CHURCH
Watch-house approx 30
yards south of
Church of St.Mary
Churchyard watch-house. 1831. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Single storey,
2 bays with pointed-arched door to right and pointed-arched window now boarded
up, to left. Roof hipped on right; flat coping and small end stack on left.
Listing NGR: NZ1971285048
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings