This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7592 / 51°45'33"N
Longitude: -1.84 / 1°50'24"W
OS Eastings: 411136
OS Northings: 206735
OS Grid: SP111067
Mapcode National: GBR 3QJ.PM3
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.213Q
Entry Name: 5 and 6, the Green
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155978
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127347
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BIBURY THE GREEN, Arlington
11/101 Nos 5 and 6
(previously listed as Cottage
occupied by F.G. Pritchett)
Formerly detached house, now 2 houses on end of row. Early C18.
Ashlar front, coursed rubble limestone to sides and rear; brick
rebuilt chimney; stone slate roof. Two-storey with attic and
cellar; rear wing to No 5. Front: 3-window fenestration, all
stone cross windows with some leaded lights. Central doorway with
beaded opening and plank door now serves No 6. Doorway to left
with timber lintel and plank door serves No 5. Two gabled roof
dormers; central ridge-mounted chimney. Rear: single-window
fenestration in gable end of wing to right, 2-light recessed
chamfered mullioned casements to ground and upper floors, single
attic light. Single-storey lean-to outbuilding to left. Interior
not inspected but said to have vaulted cellar.
Listing NGR: SP1113206738
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings