This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0892 / 52°5'21"N
Longitude: -2.4462 / 2°26'46"W
OS Eastings: 369521
OS Northings: 243520
OS Grid: SO695435
Mapcode National: GBR FY.BFV1
Mapcode Global: VH85M.KR49
Entry Name: Old Court Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 November 1952
Last Amended: 26 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1156835
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153009
Location: Bosbury, County of Herefordshire, HR8
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Bosbury
Built-Up Area: Bosbury
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Bosbury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
BOSBURY CP -
SO 64 SE
6/44 Old Court Farmhouse
(Formerly listed as Old
18.11.52 Court Farmhouse with Gatehouse)
Former manor house of the Bishops of Hereford, now farmhouse. C15 core,
with C17 additions, greatly altered during mid-C19. Sandstone earlier
wing with brick later alterations, tiled roof. Irregular plan. Early
wing aligned east/west facing south, later addition to north extending to
east and further to north, large main central stack to south wing, entrances
to centre of east front and to rear. Two storeys; east front, gabled end of
earlier wing to left with sash window, French casements to the ground floor,
later range to right with three windows, tripartite sash window with segmental
brick heads, smaller proportions to central window, forward projecting gabled
porch with panelled door. Interior: east room of south wing contains fine
moulded plaster ceiling, arch braced collar and tie-beam trusses to south wing.
(RCHM Vol II, p 18 & 19, item 4; Watkins, J: Duncomb's Collections towards the
History and Antiquities of the County of Hereford, Hundred of Radlow 1902, p 27;
Rev S Bentley, History and Description of the Parish of Bosbury 1891).
Listing NGR: SO6952143520
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings