This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0368 / 52°2'12"N
Longitude: -2.3142 / 2°18'51"W
OS Eastings: 378542
OS Northings: 237643
OS Grid: SO785376
Mapcode National: GBR 0GM.9QC
Mapcode Global: VH93J.T2XF
Entry Name: Bannut Tree House
Listing Date: 23 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1156932
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153185
Location: Castlemorton, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR13
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Castlemorton
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Castlemorton
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 73 NE CASTLEMORTON B 4208
1430/4/44 Bannut Tree House
Alternatively known as: WALNUT TREE FARM
House. 1890, by C F A Voysey. Roughcast with some applied timber-framing and tile roof. L-plan. One storey with attic. Windows have timber mullions and leaded glazing in rectangular panes. South facade, facing garden, has four gabled attic dormers with applied close-studding above the windows. At the left is a smaller dormer with flat roof. The upper storey oversails and is supported on buttresses. To the right of the first attic dormer is a chimney, with a chimney breast on the ground floor which is splayed at the left and contains a window: At first floor level is a plaque inscribed: "1890". The recess to the right of the chimney breast has a window, with a small window at the right against a buttress, lighting an inglenook. To the right of this buttress is another recessed window. To the right, under the second gable, is a window set forwards flush with the upper storey. Under the third gable a flat-roofed timber porch projects forwards on a roughcast base. At the right of the facade the upper storey forms a right-angle and
the ground floor window is canted, continuing on the return wall. To the right of the first gable is a second chimney; forward of the ridge. At the rear the roof swept down to low eaves and the doorway is protected by a tiled gabled canopy on brackets. The house was originally known as Walnut Tree Farm: Preliminary and final designs for the house,- with perspectives of the garden front-; are in the RIBA drawings collection (BOE; p ll5) INTERIOR largely complete with original features, including fireplaces, ledged-and-braced doors with ornate wrought-iron hinges, picture rails, window seats, unchamfered ceiling beams, and the staircase with simple stick balustrade, moulded handrail and tall pointed newels. SOURCE: Nikolaus Pevsner, Buildings of England, Worcestershire, 1968, p.115.
Listing NGR: SO7854237643
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings