This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 49.9698 / 49°58'11"N
Longitude: -5.1944 / 5°11'39"W
OS Eastings: 171030
OS Northings: 12625
OS Grid: SW710126
Mapcode National: GBR Z6.L0LW
Mapcode Global: FRA 0902.G57
Entry Name: Landewednack House
Listing Date: 9 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158120
English Heritage Legacy ID: 64644
Location: Landewednack, Cornwall, TR12
Civil Parish: Landewednack
Built-Up Area: Lizard
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Landewednack
Church of England Diocese: Truro
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/04/2015
SW 71 SW
(Formerly listed as The Rectory)
Former rectory for Church of St Winwalaus. Circa late C17 with extensions to the north in the C18 and mid C19. Exterior remodelled circa mid-C19. Plastered stone, the
upper walls of cob. Steeply pitched asbestos slate roof with gabled ends. Rendered chimney stacks at gable ends. Early block on south, single depth plan, 2 rooms with central cross passage. Further extended to form double depth plan with wing to rear on north-east. 2 storeys, symmetrical. Widely spaced 3 window front. 12-pane sashes with intact glazing bars. Central doorway with C19 panelled door. Circa early C20 glazed verandah across front. Interior: much of the early C19 and C18 joinery is intact including a good early C19 open string staircase with coved tread soffits, straight balusters and wreathed handrail. Shallow elliptical arch on acanthus console brackets to hall screen. Some fielded panelling survives on first floor.
Listing NGR: SW7103012625
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings