This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.5828 / 51°34'58"N
Longitude: -0.7408 / 0°44'26"W
OS Eastings: 487341
OS Northings: 187859
OS Grid: SU873878
Mapcode National: GBR D5Q.RJ3
Mapcode Global: VHDWC.3GQY
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159326
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46952
Location: Little Marlow, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Little Marlow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Marlow with Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow and Bisham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LITTLE MARLOW CHURCH ROAD
SU 88 NE
5/68 Manor House
House. Late C16 with early C19 wing along S. front, refurbished 1963-65.
C16 parts have ground floor rebuilt in brick, with timber frame and
rendered infill above. Plain tile roof. 2 tall storeys and attic,
5 bays. Large C20 barred wooden casements of 2-5 lights, 3 gabled dormers
with 3-light casements. Lower bay possibly C17, projects to right, with
slighter timbers, similar C20 wooden casements, and door in recessed
porch. C20 brick outbuilding projects from gable. To right of S. front
C16 wing has overhanging roughcast attic storey with overhanging gable,
both jetties coved with dogtooth moulding in roughcast. Early C19 wing
along S. front is roughcast with flat eaves and hipped plain tile roof.
2 storeys, 7 bays. 2-pane sashes to ground floor, 3-pane sashes to first
floor, all boxed with moulded frames. Central 6-panelled door with
rectangular fanlight, shouldered wooden architrave frame and moulded
pediment on carved scroll brackets. Over door is C20 rendered cartouche
dated 1565 1965 EW. Small W. wing, altered and raised C20, with semi-circular
projection. Interior: fine early C17 staircase with arcaded balustrade,
heavily moulded handrail, moulded string and square newels; fine roof to
C16 part with double purlins, arched wind-braces and heavy vertical struts
supporting centre of each collar. Room to right of early C19 block has
plaster frieze with continuous bundle of lictors'rods.
RCHM I p. 232 Mon. 3.
Listing NGR: SU8734187859
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings