This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2004 / 53°12'1"N
Longitude: -2.1624 / 2°9'44"W
OS Eastings: 389245
OS Northings: 367048
OS Grid: SJ892670
Mapcode National: GBR 121.6EF
Mapcode Global: WHBBV.RTGC
Entry Name: The Manor
Listing Date: 25 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159416
English Heritage Legacy ID: 58629
Location: North Rode, Cheshire East, CW12
County: Cheshire East
Civil Parish: North Rode
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: North Rode St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 86 NE NORTH RODE C.P. PARK ROAD
5/43 The Manor
Country House. c.1830 altered. Stuccoed brick with
ashlar dressings. Slate roof with lead flashings. Two storeys.
Entrance front: Five bays. 2 projecting bays at left. Mid/late C19
entrance porch at ground floor left with paired Tuscan columns with
pilaster responds to wall and containing six-panelled door with
fanlight. Two-light sash window to first floor with ashlar surround
and mullions and 4-centred arches to lights. Bay at right of this is
slightly projecting with aprons below the first and ground floor
windows creating one continuous ashlar portion of walling.
Three-light ground floor sash window with bar-stopped chamfering and
four-centred lights. String-course above window. Rectangular
cartouche above with 3-light first floor window as below but with
run-out stop to chamfering. To right of this are three recessed bays
with arched sash windows of 3 x 4 panes with intersecting glazing bars
to tops. Pointed projecting wooden surrounds with casement mouldings
supported on stone sills. Canted mid-C19 bay window to right of 3
sash lights with single lights to angles. Sashes mostly horned.
Right hand return: Mid C19 canted bay to centre with French windows
to centre and angles, each of 1 x 3 panes. Two pointed arched ground
floor bays to left with three similar first floor bays above. Ashlar
bay at right similar to that at right of porch on entrance front.
Left hand return: Tower at left with double doors to ground floor and
2-light first floor windows. Pyramidal roof. Single bay to right
with single-light ground floor and first floor windows. To right of
this is a slightly projecting gabled 3-bay portion to right with C19
sash lights. Projecting gabled bay to right with 4 single-light
ground floor windows with 4-centred heads and triple window to first
floor with stone surround and chamfered mullions. Pedimental shallow
gable above with central porthole window.
Rear: Five bay portion to left with French windows at ground floor far
left and projecting C20 bay at right. Above these are 2 single-light
arched lights at far left with three windows to right, 2 of 2 x 2
panes and one at right of 3 x 4 panes, all with intersecting glazing
bars at tops. To right is recessed portion with C20 window and
recessed porch and sash window above with gable. Tower at right with
one sash window and porthole window above. The eaves to all sides of
the house have paired consoles.
Interior: Staircase hall has flying stair leading up to first floor
gallery to four sides with skylight over. Study has Jacobean
panelling with Ionic pilasters and strapwork to lower bodies. The
ground floor windows have shutter cases with Gothick panelling.
Listing NGR: SJ8924567048
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings