This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1186 / 50°7'7"N
Longitude: -5.1666 / 5°9'59"W
OS Eastings: 173726
OS Northings: 29085
OS Grid: SW737290
Mapcode National: GBR Z7.LMXW
Mapcode Global: FRA 082P.T5M
Entry Name: Ponjeravah House Including Front Garden Wall and Railings
Listing Date: 17 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159484
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66088
Location: Constantine, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Constantine
Built-Up Area: Constantine
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Constantine
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 72 NW CONSTANTINE PONJERAVAH
8/104 Ponjeravah House including front
- garden wall and railings
House. Early C19, extended in circa mid C19. Coursed granite with dressed granite
quoins, window arches and cills. Asbestos slate hipped roof with deep eaves and red
clay ridge tiles. Rendered brick stacks over side walls. Corrugated asbestos roof
with gable end over outbuilding to left.
Plan: Double depth plan. 2 principal front rooms are of equal size the parlour to
the right and dining room to the left with an entrance passage between with a small
open-well staircase of the back. 2 shallow rear service rooms, the kitchen at the
left and a pantry at the right. In circa mid C19 a stable with a loft above was
added to the left end. In the C20 the pantry was converted into a bathroom and a
porch was added at the back.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3 window front. Early C19 16-pane sashes; the
first floor right-hand sash has been replaced with a facsimile but with horns ; the
first floor centre is blind but a sash is painted in. All the windows have flat
dressed granite arches and cills. The central doorway has an early C19 wooden
doorcase, key-motif channelling in the pilasters and an open triangular pediment over
a semi-cicular fanlight with radiating glazing bars and a C19 glazed and panelled
door. The single storey plus attic outbuilding to the left has one window opening to
the front with a casement and on the left-hand gable end a casement on both floors.
The rear elevation of the main house has 4 early C19 16-pane sashes around a similar
stair window at the centre at mid floor level, and a C20 porch below.
Interior: Most of the internal joinery is intact including panelled doors, cupboards
and panelled internal window shutters. There is an early C19 open-well staircase at
the back of the entrance passage with a closed string stick balusters and a moulded
handrail ramped up over the turned newels. The front right-hand room has a deeply
moulded cornice and an early C19 wooden pilastered chimneypiece. The front left-hand
room has been receiled and has a later C19 chimneypiece. The kitchen has an open
fireplace with a bracketted shelf.
Including the front garden area wall and railings. There is a granite rubble wall to
the right of a large rectangular front garden and on the road frontage a low granite
wall with cambered granite coping on top of which are wooden railings with chamfered
balusters and a gateway to the left with granite gate-posts and a wrought iron gate.
The deeds are said to give a date of building of 1818.
Listing NGR: SW7372629085
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings